So this girl goes to her Ma whining about how hard life is and such,
‘Every time I get over one hurdle another seems to arrive and everything is so difficult. I can’t seem to move forward.’
Her ma listens and tells her daughter to follow her. She takes her to the kitchen and fills 3 saucepans with water on a high flame.
Into 1 she puts a potato and
in 2 she puts an egg.
In 3 she places some coffee beans.
After boiling them for some time she takes each out and places them into separate bowls.
‘What do you see?’ Her mother asks.
‘A spud, an egg and some coffee beans.’ Her daughter replied. Her mother said,
‘No, look closer. Pick them up and tell me what you have observed.’
The daughter duly noted that the spuds were now soft to touch, the egg was now hard under it’s shell and the coffee after some sugar was added was now a rather tasty drink. The mother pointed out that all three had faced adversity or found themselves ‘in hot water’ and each had returned very different reactions to that adversity.
The hard spud had become soft, the soft egg had become hard and the coffee beans had been completely transformed into something strong and rather delicious!
So here’s my question:
WHICH ARE YOU?
I like to imagine that I’m a coffee bean myself, ready to shape-shift into what ever is needed to get the job done.
I was recently doing a round up of some fellow bloggers and noticed that many had folded. There’s many reasons I’m sure; too many other commitments, blogging was never a serious thing, their blog couldn’t gain traction, they may have even started a new blog or moved on to much greater things! Whatever – but it always feels a little sad to me, like a death in the blogosphere. So my questions are and you can answer as many as you see fit:
- Do you see yourself as the potato, the egg or the coffee beans when life throws a curve ball?
- If you have been plugging away for a while at blogging, are you still enjoying it?
- If you are a newb, how will you react if you find some months in that you are not hitting your targets? Spud, egg or coffee bean?
- Are you meeting your blogging goals or didn’t you have any in the first place?
- Is blogging everything you hoped it would be when you recall submitting your very first post?
- It’s nearly Xmas. (There I’ve said it!) This time next year, barring any unforeseens, do you think you will still be blogging?
Let me know below!