So the dust has settled, (sorta!) and America has a new president. Far from having a favourite in the run up to the election, I watched with amazement at the choices, the behaviours, the immaturity and the mud slinging and not for the first (or last) time I was ass-clenchingly embarrassed to be human.
That aside I had a few questions that kept running though my mind. See if you can help answer them:
- Why is it that everyone else is thrown on the scrap heap by at least 50 these days and yet, if you are (usually) male and white you are deemed capable of starting the most powerful job in America…or in the world at the age of 70? Winston Churchill retired at 80 for goodness sake.
- Why was Hilary repeatedly taken to task for the wrong doings of her husband? Highly misogynist no? That’s like going to a job interview and they keep referring to my husband over my little female head.
Her husband shagged lots of women. Not her. What were her accusers suggesting she do? Leave her husband to please them? Why the hell should she, anymore than any woman who stays in a marriage when she knows her husband is an oaf? I found that so strange…as if there wasn’t enough else to be horrified by.
- Not so much a question but a thought… The thing that is great about America is also what is kinda crazy about America. ANYone can be president.
- Just how much stink eye do you imagine is currently being cut in the Clinton household right now, bearing in mind that at least one of the reasons we are not talking about the new President Clinton today is because of the rank behaviour of the previous President Clinton?
- And to wind up on a positive note, Trump shows that anything is possible. If he had joked about the presidency and then did nothing about it, he’d be watching it on television like everyone else. You have to be in it to win it.
So, crazy, crazy election. Strange week. Strange year. Can you answer any of my questions or sum it up…at all?
What Say You?!