Apparently according to a survey these are the things we worry the most about:
20. Worried about the area I live in/ crime levels
19. Pet’s health
18. If my dress sense is good
17. Meeting work targets or goals
16. Whether I’m a good parent/ raising kids right
15. A friend or family member I’ve fallen out with
14. Whether I’ll find the right partner/ whether my current partner is right
13. Whether my partner still loves me
12. Whether or not I am attractive
11. I need to find a new job
10. I seem to be generally unhappy
9. Paying rent/mortgage
8. Worried about my physique
7. Wrinkles or ageing appearance
6. Job security
5. Financial/credit card debts
4. My diet
3. Low energy levels
2. Worried about my savings/ financial future
1. Getting old in general
Now I poo poo’ed the list at first…and then took a proper look and thought, ‘Aha! That’s me…oooogh that’s me too! Oh cripes that’s me as well!’
I know if you go down the list you’ll find at least 3 or 4 things that apply to you (…and sorry, feel free to shout ‘Bingo!’ but there ‘ll be no Fiat Uno!)
But what does this tell us? Well, it’s hardly surprising that we worry about things that are difficult for most of us is it? But here’s the thing…for me, (on a good day!), I would swap the word ‘worry’ for ‘am doing something about.’
We all get caught up in the spiral of concern about the future going round and round in our heads, but I like to check myself with a ‘and how is this helping?’ because we all know worry never solved a thing.
7 times out of 10 it works for me.
SO HOW ‘BOUT YOU?
Can you find 5 things on the list that are a no brainer worry topics for you?
And can you see yourself changing I ‘worry’ into I ‘am doing something about’ instead?